Wednesday, February 11, 2009

LOVE Abuse -♥♥♥

3 more days and its v-day, I hope most of you has gotten a date and plan-out what you wish to do with your date on that day :)

I believe I've written and share enough with the singles. So, I think it is time for me to talk about the couples, this sharing would be focusing more on the guys.

*** WARNING ***
This is a sensitive entry, it might make you feel DEPRESS.
Therefore, read at your own risk. I am not responsible on any damaged done due to this entry is none of my responsibility aight? :)
*** WARNING ***

I've read about this topic titled BF an abuser, written by yvonne foong in Yellow Post, 2 yrs ago. The story is about BF being abusive, not physically BUT Emotionally. :)

The story summary is something like this:-
The BF controlled her life by setting curfew; stopping her from making friends with guy; reserved the weekend for him; and sometimes making her as his anger releasing sand-bag.
Abusive relationships are characterized by extreme jealousy, emotional withholding, lack of intimacy, raging, sexual coercion, infidelity, verbal abuse, threats, lies, broken promises, physical violence, power plays and control games.

For those who is interested to find out more about this topic, you could google it up OR try reading up this page -> http://www.recovery-man.com/abusive/abusive.htm

The reason why I am highlighting this topic is because, 7 out of 10 man that I've known, has a man ego that will lead them to be a mental abuser in a relationship. I myself admit that I used to one of them, and I think this attitude is one of the main cause the failure of that relationship of mine.

One of the most common mental abuse tactic used by men is "silent treatment". Men also think they are right and expect the girls they love to read their mind or hearts BUT the truth is, how do you expect anyone to know why you are angry dude? Its even worst when you decided not to listen and not giving them a chance to even explain.

Emotional Abuse is as damaging as physical abuse, though it is often harder to recognize, and therefore to recover from. Emotional abuse causes long term self esteem issues and profound emotional repercussions for the partners of abusers. Abuse typically alternates with declarations of love and statements that they will change, providing a "hook" to keep the partner in the relationship.

Writing this entry is really depressing for me but I hope it would help a lot of people (especially guys) to realized if you are facing such problem or not. If you do, please take the chance to fix-it this valentine day aight? If you love her, why would you want to hurt her?

This entry is also applicable for girls.

If you love that person, treasure them - Joey T (11 Feb 2009) ♥♥♥

Photobucket

P/S: I am sorry if this post make you feel depress, I myself feel the pressure and depression. Its the sad truth that I know a lot of people hate to realize, but with this post, I hope I could make them realize and change it to happy result :)

6 comments:

curryegg said...

Emm... well, I don't think this is depressing. So don't worry.. :)
Hope that you are not feeling depressed at the same time.. It is true. Man ego can sometimes be really hurtful and unexpected. While woman's emotion can be frightening as well.

No matter how, the keyword which work for both sides is: respect. With respect (and other values of course) will help and ease those negative situation.

:)

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hey Vinspire,
I echo my thoughts with curryegg. Your post was not depressing, if anything at all its brought about awareness regarding 'emotional abuse'.

Not many know or understand what it means to be emotionally abused, in fact some will justify their behaviour without knowing that they've hurt someone because of the manner they think is showing love.

It's a good post! So don't feel depressed man. Keep on with the lurve :)

Vinspire said...

Curry jie & Aronil: glad that it doesn't make both you depress. I was kinda worried as the 1st few feedbacks I received after I made this post was that I made my reader depress which is not the purpose of me making this post.

I personally think "emotion abuse" is a very mean treatment could hurt your partner more than having a knife cutting through their skin. Most of such victim would have a scar for life due to such treatment.

Therefore, I decided to blog about this. I think it is a serious problem for those abuser to realize it (as sadly, some of them wouldn't even know that they are an abuser) ...

With Love ♥♥♥
Vinspire a.k.a Joey a.k.a Ahboochak :)

ivyman said...

i was a victim so i knew how it felt like. i never realise i was a victim until i had read ur post. thanks joey.

Vinspire said...

Ivy, glad that my post helped :)

cletsey said...

I agree on the first commenter I don't think that its depressing it was look fun actually so nothing to worry I like your blog because it was interesting to read. Keep posting!

pheromones for women