Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1 + 1 is 11 :) ♥

1 + 1 = 11 :) ♥

My 11th post in Ahboochak's BLOG. Today's post is about calculation and numbers. Its the 4th day of CNY and I shall now talk about 1 of the event that every chinese is looking forward to in every chinese new year (other than angpows) which is GAMBLING !!! For us chinese, CNY ain't complete without gambling :D

We play card games like blackjack, chor-dai-dee (i don't know what is it called, can someone enlighten me?) etc.

And 1 of the chinese favourite is MAHJONG :D Mahjong is a game for 4 players that originated in China. It involves skill, strategy and calculation.

Photobucket

Above pic taken from alibaba.com.

For those who want to read up about mahjong, can proceed to HERE.

I am a very noob in mahjong, only played it less than 10 times and I find the term kinda funny.

3 tiles same flowers are called as PONG

Example: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Then 4 tiles same flowers are called as KONG

Example: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The tiles pictures are taken from wikipedia.

I seriously don't understand why must they called it PONG and KONG. Can't they just called it "3 of a kind" or "4 of a kind" ? PONG and KONG reminds me so much of PING PONG and KANG KUNG. After hearing so much of it, it start reminding me of POH KONG ... -__-'

And finally, what the spoon in the world is zhi mor (self touch) ?

I hope it is not something that I have in mind .... you know ....

Anyway, this is Devina's answer to my question ... *sweat* (please click on the pic to enlarge it)

5 comments:

Lasker said...

Mahjong!!
Played that yesterday .. haha

ivyman said...

i just learnt it from nanny.. and now i can play by myself ^^Y

Anonymous said...

=.= zhi mor..lOlz..

Vinspire said...

After seeing this post, my friend told me that her cousin played mahjong today and each time the cousin got 4 of a kind, he will shout KUNG KUNG !!!

And the granpa will answer her cousin by saying "YES? You are calling me?

Pity the "Ah Kong" >..<

Anonymous said...

lOlz..it's ur fault..